Blog Comments

I loved riding my bike in the early morning hours. The town is quiet, with the only sound coming from my tires as they roll across the pavement. The whole place is dark, save for my bike's headlight and the street lights on the main streets. It's just so peaceful.
    Yeah I didn't want to give too much away for your first playthrough of the remake but I'm pretty sure the ds version ignored most of the advance versions additions in exchange for a tweaked script and Augments
    That is exactly what I've been doing thus far, haha. There's no "get back all the party members" thing in the DS/PC/Android version? That is disappointing. I may just replay the Advance version again haha. I will have to see where I was with that file. I don't seem to remember a Lunar Dungeon extra thingy, but I do remember specical dungeons to get people's ultimate weapons. I will have to check haha.
    The funny thing about Edward is that he has something like the best stat growth near end game, but you'll never get to see them get that high.

I seem to remember just making him do that Regen song throughout the Antlion battle and leaving the rest to the other two.
    Oh I see! Thanks for letting me know about the three playthroughs per file thingy. And while I've known that the Demon Wall's weakness is Slow (which makes sense since it's a timed-boss, technically), I did not know that most bosses could be Slowed. Thank you, and I will keep this in mind!
    FF's I-VI (excluding III) have an Advance version with extra content like dungeons and weapons. The only psp remakes have pretty nice sprites, much better than the mobile versions imo.

Oh that was something i was going to mention Coff, most bosses are susceptible to Slow, so guys like the Demon Wall become easier to handle with little leveling. But it's not like under leveling is a problem for you
    Didn't know IV was out on Advance. Extra content is always a big factor though, but once you have it, the vanilla game becomes a cakewalk. Also remember that Stop = freeze forever in FF4. Once you hit those enemies (with close to 100% success rate) they're done, at least for the next 15 or so turns lol.

PS: I really hope SE doesn't go with those new FF Dimensions sprites and reuses them on FF5 and 6 for PC. But my instincts tell me they will. I deleted both FF5 and 6 from my Note2 (and because they stopped loading altogether) because of that. Nothing beats GBA versions anyways.
    Yeah the ds version doesn't have the extra content from IV Advance, although the Augments add an extra dynamic to the combat so I think that's a fair trade.

New Game + lets you play through the game again to get all of the Augments but you can only have a total of three playthroughs per file.
    I'm not sure if it does, Odin, but I know there's some kind of New Game+ thing going on. I think I read somewhere a while ago that you need to beat the game at least 3 times to unlock all the post-game content. We'll see!
    Never knew there was a PC version of FF4.0_0

Screw that, I want FF5 and 6. I've played FF4 way too many times to even care about it now.

In any case, I hope your version has the extra lunar dungeon. That one was fun in PSP version.
    Yeah, it is a difficult area. I remember when I played FF: Chronicles that I had a great deal of trouble with the game early on, since it's the version of FFIV that came out in Japan, with the "Hard Mode" enabled. It was my first time with that version and it's wicked tough. The remake though doesn't feel quite as difficult though. It's a bit more forgiving. Just a bit, haha.
    It can be really easy to run out of MP in that dungeon with most of the enemies needing to be hit with Thunder, and I'm pretty sure those mini wizards can counter with Osmose too. It doesn't help that mages make up two thirds of you party either.
    I can't wait to have Tellah again! He should be fun, haha.
    Keeping Rydia alive is always a handful at the start of the game, and then when Tellah comes along you have twice the trouble

Using auto battle to level grind your characters was a really smart idea, I can't believe I never thought to try it lol
    Lowenthal is a pop culture icon, and 90% of people have clue who he is or what he's done.