Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    Welcome back! Do you still live in the area? I still want us to hang out sometime.
    Nah, I'm living up by Dayton actually. Been trying to get my life back on track and such.

Sorry about the late respond...kinda forgot about this place again >_>
    Welcome back! Do you still live in the area? I still want us to hang out sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    good for you, champ. Seems like you had some sort of enlightened experience.
    Eh, not so much. i moved out and had to pass drug tests to get a job and...it just kinda stuck.
    good for you, champ. Seems like you had some sort of enlightened experience.
    You're welcome here.

How does it feel to be sober?
    It's quite the...sobering experience -(⌐■_■)

Nah, I used to think the only way to enjoy life was through drugs or alcohol and...now I no longer feel that to be the case. I still have urges to smoke weed on occasion, but just the occasional jack and coke or a few beers every few weeks or so.
    You're welcome here.

How does it feel to be sober?
    I remember you vividly. In fact i mentioned a few months ago that I wondered where you had gone since you were pretty active while you were here
    Oh hey, yeah, I kinda quit because of some person reasons. Went through a bit of a manic episode, felt like I didn't fit in anywhere with anyone, turned into a hermit, etc.
    I remember you vividly. In fact i mentioned a few months ago that I wondered where you had gone since you were pretty active while you were here
    Yeahhhhh I get into the habit of sleeping too much and staying tired as a result.

Either that or running on 4 or less hours of sleep several days in a row and being a complete zombie.

I can never get a good balance.

I feel you bro.

On the other hand, baked potatoes are yummy. Especially loaded ones. With chives.
    (Why the hell do people think chives & green onions are different? They're really not!)
    Nah, I live in a trailer, doors = thin cardboard...though I didn't do it anyway, I was all pumped up and shit.
    Whiskey without friends is sad times. Make sure the doors survive punchings.
    I like che's watermelon punching idea. More mess but tasty to clean up.
    As the official TFF drunk, I gotta say punching doors sucks. Even though I haven't punched a door in many years. Man it sucked. Punch pillows instead. or watermelons.
    @Michael: 50 miles a day would cost me around $19 a day in gas :1 and...I just can't do another job that takes that much of my check just to get me there and back.

@Sunshine: Basically, these places treat employees as disposable tools. They don't give a **** about us. If we can't let them constantly **** us around, they know they can just as easily get a replacement.
    I hate working in gas stations. Or well. The 1st one I worked at was cool. The owner was awesome. The 2nd one I worked at, the owner was this little Korean dude. He was a major asshole. He yelled at me out in the floor for "going the wrong way with the dust mop" ("You no do good job! You think this right way!? No! It NOT!") - where customers could've walked in and heard him. I quit after my shift that day. Sucked. It was a decent paying job with over 40 hrs a week and I worked days only. And I got paid every Friday.

But I have the same scheduling problem working 30 miles away in a restaurant. I told the managers to -not- schedule me for just 1 shift (lunch or dinner) just to turn around and cut me 3 or 4 hrs later. Doing that would cost me to -lose- money. Sure enough, they've been ****ing with my schedule the last month - scheduling me only 2 or 3 shifts a week. I talked to the GM about it. They're supposed to fix my schedule on Saturday, but if they don't, then... I gotta quit and go elsewhere. -_-;;

Good to see you back though!
    Sorry to here about you getting fired. There are a couple jobs available in the area that I know of, if you're interested. First, there are general labor positions open at Crop Production Services, a local fertilizer company. They've also got truck driving positions, but I don't know if you have the license for it. They are in Mowrystown, about 25 miles from Decatur.

Also, my office is looking to hire a sales person. And we are in need of one too. The last one didn't even last a whole day. The one before that worked until he got his first paycheck. The pay is commission only, so it's a toss up if you think it's worth driving the 22-25 miles to get here. If you sell a lot, you earn a lot. It isn't hard work really. You just have to call businesses on the phone.
    Also, I actually have DSL now. Humorously enough, as soon as it's available and I sign up for Netflix...I get fired. Gotta love timing...which reminds me, as I'm leaving after getting fired, I turn on the radio and this song is playing:

I swear my life is a shitty movie. My reaction: <_< ... :| ... v.v ... then I just gave into the irony and sang along.
    I hear you too...

I hate those situations.
    I feel you man. Had two really good internet friends a while back that ended up dating and after helping them through, they pushed all their problems on me and kicked me away. Thats just the worst case, but its no fun mistrusting and hating everyone
    one banana two banana three banana floor

...just trying to cheer you up mate
    Nice.

I used to play bass. Once upon a time. I had a cheap-o Fender that came with a mini amp. Chick that taught me how to play had a Tobias. It was gorgeous.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast