Blog Comments

Lacquer Head suggested Chandelure and so far she's working well for my team. Other teams pack Normal and Fighting types, and with Heatran I had 3 Pokemon that were vulnerable to Fighting. With Chandelure I can block Fighting attacks and attacks like Fake Out (that I hate so much).

But this battle was when Celebi made me proud. He defeated a sturdier Grass-type. He's also helped out, especially being a wall to status inducers because of Natural Cure.
    Ferrothorn is a real pain unless you're packing a Fire type. I'm trying out Entei in RU at the moment but Heatran is much more suited for OU. That Mixed Hydreigon really did a number on your team haha it's a good thing it finally succumbed to Life Orb recoil.
    Thundurus-T is in OU while his main form remains in Ubers. The OU one only has Volt Absorb, while the other has Prankster, which can be abused >> <<

Never thought about using Chandelure, I might give him a try since he also has Flash Fire like Heatran

Oh, and Chandelure is in UU by default, but there's also a set in Smogon for OU as well.
    Updated 01-11-2013 at 12:23 PM by Leon
    It's been ages since I played, Thundurus and Heatran are Wifi OU now? Wtf. Anyway, try Chandelure if it's still legal.
    I honestly prefer Feraligatr as a Dragon Dance sweeper but the two basically play the same way, considering they're both RU. Crawdaunt having the extra Dark type can help but I guess I just like Feraligatr more.
    Heatran lasted long enough to survive two rounds of Fly, but it didn't take much effort out of his Lucario to finish it off. I looked up his team and it turns out only a handful of Pokemon belonged to OU, the rest were in lower tiers.

I'm keeping Marowak, however. He's my only other means of dealing with walls, besides Heatran's Taunt and Crawdaunt. As for Crawdaunt, he's actually my favorite Water-type now. Set up with Dragon Dance and sweep with Waterfall. Crabhammer has more power, but lower Accuracy. Once Dragon Dance is maxed out, the difference in power is hardly noticeable.
    So he was running Wing Attack, Air Cutter, Poison Fang and Confuse Ray on Crobat -.-

Fly and Rock Smash aren't really that good in competitive battling either, but maybe he learnt something from this battle haha. Anyway good game, you're really making Marowak look viable, and congrats on the changing of your luck, losing streaks are never fun.
    Oh yeah. He had better defenses than Dugtrio (who's definitely OU). The only thing Dugtrio had going for him was Arena Trap, a watered down version of Shadow Tag. Marowak has his bulk, and overall better chances of survival.
    Ahahaha, you actually brought Marowak into an OU team? Hopefully he starts becoming popular, I was hoping to show people how viable he is
    Heatran has 4x weakness to Ground so a Balloon is definitely needed. And yeah, Gastrodon makes the best partner for Groudon in Ubers. I tried Suicune with Water Absorb but he was much weaker than Gastrodon so he didn't survive for long. HP Grass hardly does anything to Kyogre, though, so I always use Earth Power for the possible chance for them to switch to Ferrothorn. I also gave Groudon Eruption, made to surprise the enemy when they have Ferrothorn out xD
    Gastrodon is great for absorbing Water attacks and countering with something like HP Grass. I've never used it outside of OU but I can see it makes a great partner for Groudon.
    Ive never actually seen you make use of Heatran's balloon, btw. Makes me laugh every time i see it, though xD
    Not saying that its pointless there though.
    Yeah, pretty good choices
    I just love Dark Types <3
    It is more fun when you own your opponents with Pokemon you like instead of the meta. That's why I'll always stick with Groudon over Kyogre and Rayquaza in Ubers.

A rundown on my team. What I love about Bonemerang is that it continues to hit even when the Substitute fades, and Thick Club doubles Marowak's Attack, making him quite a monster. Eelektross is one of the few existing Pokemon that have absolutely no weaknesses (he has Levitate, so Ground has no effect). I recently replaced Sawsbuck with Banette due to the fact that Normal and Fighting types plague this particular tier, and since he has Trick Room, he can set the field for my Marowak sweep. Bug type moves also plague the tier, which is one of the reasons I replaced Sawsbuck. His Sunny Day would activate Chlorophyll, doubling his Speed. Sap Sipper wold also absorb Spore and Sleep Powder, and while it may sound like a bad plan I figured Lum Berries on almost everyone is the answer.

Rapidash has Flash Fire, which absorbs Fire-type moves and increases Rapidash's own. Cradily is there to set up with Stealth Rock and absorb Water-type moves with Storm Drain. Finally, Gardevoir is there....well, to make my team look good. She's one of my favorite Psychic types, though. I equipped her with Signal Beam for Dark-types, Shadow Ball for Ghosts and other Psychics, and since I also buff her with Calm Mind, I figured I'd choose Stored Power over Psychic. I haven't regretted that decision
    Yeah... for all the guys he could have chosen for a SubPunch set, he chose Pikachu. Still that was a good battle especially when you only lost one guy haha.
    His team was pretty sketchy, but id love to make a team of my favorite pokemon like that and win. Pikachu and charizard <3
    He makes brief appearances in higher play as well, so he's pretty awesome.
    My personal favorite is Zoroark
    Rest spammers annoy me so I'm overjoyed when I ruin their strategy.

I think Marowak has become my new favorite Ground-type, right above Groudon and Sandslash. I'll keep him.
    Did.. he really spam rest? That.. lol

On a lighter note, I love trick room bone club marowak. He has almost the highest attack scaling and lowest speed, so will ko pretty much everything if set up right.
    As far as I know Pineco can only learn Bug Bite and U-turn but its ability is Sturdy so it will be able to let off a few attacks or a couple of layers of Spikes before it gets KO'd. Basically a mini Forretres without the extra resistances and immunity.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast