View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. quick update

Well for those of you interested, I'm still not dead! Just been working a shit ton of hours at the job from hell. Hopefully wet start turning the corner soon before nasty weather hits... That could screw things up.

In other news, life is pretty damn great right now. Things are pretty spectacular with the lady and i honestly don't remember being this happy in a very long time.

I also bought an exercise bike because it's hard to get gym time in with my hours. It came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. All that there is to say

I'm not sure how much there really is to say. I "survived" the frankenstorm that was Hurricane Sandy. I didn't do much of anything, aside from sitting at home, checking on my truck and watching too much tv. I got two days off from work, while my office really took a pounding. The water lines were up to my waist, after all was said and done.

The cleanup sucked today. It was both disgusting and draining. I've worked at this place for over two years, and now the office literally ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lucky Man

So life is pretty good right now. I'm feeling great about a lot of things. I had a really good weekend and spent time with some very cool people. Went bowling and had a long walk on the boardwalk with a friend on Friday, which was both awesome and a lot of fun. The worst part of the day was getting stuck in a monsoon at work. THAT was awful.

Saturday was an interesting day. I ran for about three miles and felt pretty good. I wound up having to drive into the city for a incredibly frightening ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. So I'm not dead

It's a fact! I'm still very much alive. I'm just tired and kind of run down from working long days and running around like an idiot, for said work. It's all good though, since apparently my bosses have noticed and it's gotten me a 1.50/ hr raise. Unfortunately though, word spreads like wildfire about these things, and some of the other inspectors found out about it. I don't think anyone's made at ME per se, but it's understandable why people would be asking "where's mine?". It's a strange ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sometimes you just have to say **** it

Well, this weekend was long as hell, and the days are getting longer and longer. I had class for work on Saturday and Sunday, for 8 hours a pop. Today I pulled a solid 15 hour day, on the clock from about 630 to 10. Maybe 1030 if I'm feeling like scamming a little bit. Tomorrow, I'm working from about 8 to 10. Not gonna lie, these classes wear me down, but the pay and the comp time are freakin sweet. I'll probably wind up taking a week off after I take the test I'm studying for.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast