Blog Comments

Perhaps one day, the kid next door will pull the boot from his ass.

Until then, persevere.
    -Those things look expensive though! Five MILLION dollars!

-:3 Glad you like lady.
    This passage is always in the back of my mind, whether I want it there or not. I used to be catholic. This passage has always brought me comfort when I'm down, no matter what my views are now. Thanks for sharing.

I also love the quotes from Basic.
    Yeah, the King James version uses the word charity. The New International Version uses love. I personally prefer the King James because I think the NIV tries to translate certain things to "modern English," and by doing so changes the entire meaning of a passage.

&& I'm just giving you shit, the book doesn't differ very much from the movie, but there are some things that make it better, etc. You should totally invest in a nook or something like that, it's perfect if you like to read a lot but don't have room for a bunch of books.
    Your version, it says charity instead of love? Interesting. Huh. I've read most the Bible, but I forget stuff a lot, heh. One of the books that I always remember is 1 John. All that abstract talk about love is interesting.

*nod nod* I still do Maybe I'll borrow it from my bro, although I don't have much space to take stuff back with me...
    "And now abideth by faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV. One of my favorite quotes. That chapter is beautiful, I have a bookmark around there too. Phillipians is also a really good book that's written beautifully. Check it out if you haven't already.

PS- you still need to read Fight Club!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2