Blog Comments

I actually had SMS and M: P. Sigh. So many games I regret selling. Assault is good? I heard some mixed reviews on that, loved 64 though.
    I specialize in gamecube games, this is my personal recommendation: Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Custom Robo, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Mega Collection, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Soul Calibur II, Burnout 2: Point of Impact, and Mario Party 6.
    Well hopefully I'll have some thoughts for both of you on the weekend! Busy week so I'm only playing for a couple hours a day right now, and most of that is just farming.

It has kinda sorta been spoiled for me (read too far in a walkthrough) but there wasn't enough detail for me to outright know what's going to happen. I do know that there are multiple paradox endings, and those I probably won't get to until I reach post-game with my second file, which has a much better setup.
    Yeah...I'm still using the Cait Sith you get in the monster catching tutorial as my monster medic. =x Definitely not recommended! Hence why I'm looking for a green chocobo. It would be nice to have something that actually survives longer than a few seconds in battle hahaha.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to hear what you think, though if you haven't been careful on the forums. The ending might have already been spoiled for you. I know some is sort of spoiled by Lightning Returns if you're following it. They've been vague enough it doesn't spell out the end of XIII-2.

Honestly, I don't really think the Lightning DLC really adds much to the story, not as much as people made it out to be. It is certainly an interesting point of view, but I would have been just as fine without it. The extra endings are actually pretty fun to do. There are some that are just entertaining, Square was having fun with some and others I actually really like the "paradox" they bring.
    I have a fair bit of fun playing around with the monsters. I know I didn't have a great setup for monsters when I went into the final battle, but I made sure that the ones I had were at least leveled a fair bit up and filled the roles I wanted. Once I started to learn about all of the other things out there I did end up changing things, but it wasn't until after I beat the game. It was admitted a rough final boss fight. There were a couple that were really bad for me in the lead up to the final boss, but I survived somehow. ^^; Still, it was a blast to play around with it.
    ...I am curious how you feel about the game after the credits roll. I also suggest hunting down the extra endings and watching the lightning DLC ending (if you don't want to buy it).
    Yeah, more or less the same thing happened to me. I didn't spent a lot of time messing with monsters until I got to the final set of fights and then realized whoops, I don't have anything strong enough to stand against Caius. I'm in a much better position now. Have my narasimha up to level 26ish, just farming for power essences now. My silver chocobo is a boss tank even without an actual tanking setup so I'm not too worried about that at least. Now I just need that green chocobo. I mean, I do have a flanitor which is what most people seem to use it's just...it's ugly and annoying. I'm shallow like that. If a monster is going to fight with me, it better look damn good.
    Don't get me started on Snow lol.
    I am at final battle. Lost because I just went straight to the boss fight. Then just didn't pick it back up. Happens, I planned on doing a whole new playthru though anyways.
    I found an awesome guide at GameFAQs for optimal Crystarium leveling. Even at a low level I'm noticing a difference. Even took down a behemoth in Yaschas Massif 010AF on my first try. It's something like a 200 point difference in str for Noel and mag for Serah, so it's definitely worth it.

I'm also discovering the joys of monster hunting, heh. If you can, get a Svarog in Bresha 05, they're strong and also rather tanky. If you can pick up a Pulsework Knight in the same time zone that thing's the best tank you'll find for awhile, for me it's the key to killing behemoths. Especially if you fuse it with a lv. 2 Hoplite for physical resistance +15%.

I went back to my old file and I think I can actually finish the story if I just make a few adjustments. Finally caught a narasimha, basically an albino behemoth. It's awesome. Super strong and it can take a beating even if it isn't a SEN. Now I just need the ever elusive green chocobo for a medic and I should be able to finish the story in that file. I'll do that and then probably abandon the file in favor of my new one, now that I've got a much better handle on, well, everything.
    I'm just glad he doesn't get all down and emo like main heroes and such tend to get in these games. He had his one plot required Moment of Doubt and then back to business as usual. Kind of like Zidane, now that I think about it. It's just refreshing to have a hero come from literally the end of the world and still manage to be so...normal. He's much more even-tempered than Snow, but he's not as serious as Lightning either. It's a nice balance, given the story.

I do not like Serah that much, she's such a doormat. =/ I hate that the story requires her to be so passive, almost timid. I had the exact same thought Noel did about why she didn't just go after Snow when he left, but that would have been an action and then she wouldn't have needed saving at New Bodhum. Meh. As long as I don't think about it too hard it does well enough for what it is, I suppose.
    I need to finish XIII-2. Restart and it and learn how to actually level.
    Yeah, I agree. Caius was a really interesting villain. He truly and genuinely cares for the one that he is trying to save from her fate. His methods could use some work, but he is quite human in his motivation. And Noel was actually pretty good. He had some awkward moments, but overall I think he did well. Serah sometimes was the stranger one, but it's a fun game. I think I remember seeing you playing the game. I'm game you enjoyed it. It's really fun.
    If you're lucky, maybe I'll get free tickets to giveaway to that one too!
    Lol it makes me want to play it...and I actually am. XD Well not physically at this very moment, but still. It's been years since I last played it all the way through and man, I forgot how good it really is, down to all the little details that make it seem so much more complete.
    Your posts are making want to play FFIX again...and I'm in the middle of FF3.
    Yes, I understand it. Even read a guide on it just for a refresher cause I knew it would frustrate me. I just have apparently terrible luck when it comes to card battles. We're talking like a shitty Skeleton winning against my 2X21 Sand Golem kind of luck.
    I love Disc 1 so much. Are you sure you don't understand TM? What each number represents? What the arrows do? Because I rock at TM no matter my cards in Disc 1 and 2.

I also like Burmecia parts of the game. The rain, the scenery, the feel of it all.
    Well, at least you guys have done what you can. This may sound bitchy, but I call bullsh*t on him.

People who kill themselves typically dont give a warning beforehand. They'll leave a note or something and just do it. I know every situation is different, but in most cases, that's the way it is. He's looking for attention. The rebuffs, to me, are simply a ploy to get -more- attention.... Im not sure if that made any sense (it did in my head anyway).. It's like a reverse psychology type thing. ... O
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast