View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Without me, this world will go on turning

by , 01-12-2013 at 08:56 AM (˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ)
    It is worth mentioning that for those not aware of where that quote comes from, this is not a plea for help for a potentially suicidal individual. By rights it is the admission of a dying person. Although that is something that does not describe me either. Now, we shouldn't rule out the possibility of me dying within the next few days - because that's silly. But this whole paragraph was sort of silly to begin with.

I haven't posted in this blog for a while, mostly because I was admittedly ...

Updated 01-12-2013 at 09:05 AM by Aerif

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's the most wonderful time of the year - coursework procrastination.

by , 11-28-2012 at 12:36 PM (˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ)
    So the fact that I'm posting should automatically make you think that I am in full coursework mode and procrastinating. Well haha, you'd be absolutely right. I suck with procrastination.

Right now I should be writing a report on an emotional-bonding-related board game and creating an educational website, but you know what, working towards deadlines that are less than 48 hours away is no fun. Typing what's on your mind is much more fun, and that's why I will never be a doctor.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Tale from Tunisia: 14th September 2012

by , 11-06-2012 at 09:57 AM (˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ)
    A few years ago I heard that some of the scummier British newspapers have a system of prioritising what tragic events to cover based on the race of victims, with one British person being worth so many Americans, worth so many Africans, so many Chinese etc., and this is something you almost take for granted since people, despite how unracist they may claim to be, do have a certain empathy for the people most similar to them. I got to witness this first hand in September whilst I was in Tunisia. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A brief return to writing

by , 11-02-2012 at 09:07 AM (˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ)
    Yesterday I mentioned the posibilty of a job that could change my life, perhaps in a manner that may have been a little bit over the top. It may require a little bit of an explanation...

You see as a game designer I have become aware of the relative lack of job security within this industry for the majority of its employees. Don't get me wrong, normally once you are in, you are in. But companies don't last long in general. Whilst I personally hate the corporate machines that churn out ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. ˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

by , 11-01-2012 at 10:25 AM (˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I ¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ)
    This is a continuation of my previous journal thread.

I'm back.

And I'm Scottish again.

Some aspects of life in Tunisia seem like a distant dream to me now, I have been back in the United Kingdom for 45 days now, and I feel that life has returned to normal for me. Granted I still have my passport in my bag, and a pile of ironing that just isn't going to get done, and a new phone, and multiple scars. But I'm back damnit.

This isn't a great returning ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3