Blog Comments

I feel that TFF has always been on the slow side, but that's okay. You can pretty much expect familiar faces to still be around! It isn't so bad.
    Best wishes!!! You will succeed! I believe in you, sir!
    Oopsie. But I suppose I've actually met worse Catholics in my life.

Cheers Loco
    Congrats on the job!

I'm "supposed" to be Roman Catholic. I'm terrible at it, considering I believe in the pantheon of gods. Whoops.
    By strong, I meant comparatively. It's almost a wonder that Presbyterianism even exists in Scotland any more, we're having the gay-marriage-debate and the opinion of the Church of Scotland has come up less than the opinion of previous government officials who don't matter any more. Sure, it's not 'cool' to be Catholic, but it's somehow even less cool to be a Church of Scotlander. Or a Jew. Muslims are cool though, even if they don't drink alcohol. It's a strange hierarchy.

I've been looking at the Papal candidates and haven't been all that impressed. The guy from Ghana isn't as progressive as I'd like, also he spoke about being Pope which is a big no-no apparently. The Austrian cardinal seems like a good one since he questioned the priest-celibacy issue. There are calls for a non-European Pope, but really who cares where he's from? Just as long as he gets the job done.
    "Catholicism remains strong without this liberalisation"

No it doesn't. I don't know about Scotland, but being young and Catholic in New Zealand is possibly the least cool thing imaginable. We don't even have sectarian football teams to get excited about.

Priests should be able to marry. The Church shouldn't campaign against gay marriage per se, but the very fact that the sate can perform Marriage at all (it does't do Baptism). I like the French system (a Marriage under God holds no civil meaning); it's more in accord with leaving unto Caesar what is Caesar's. And they should definitely give up on banning contraception... they know the alternative for many is abortion. So it's either support contraception, or indirectly support abortion. One of those things is not very Catholic. I read a survey of Catholics that said the vast majority use or had used contraceptives anyway. 70+-year-old virginal men shouldn't really be pontificating about sex anyway, in my opinion. But maybe I'm just a bad Catholic. At least I'm doing something for Lent this year.

I like the sound of that cardinal from Ghana.
    ...and since I'm now more of a casual observer on these forums now than a majorly active participant...
    Take a close look and you'll find that most people are more "casual observers" anymore. So it goes. Good to see that you're still alive though, or at least you were yesterday.

I never played the third Generation, so I don't know much about that. Les Mis is probably my favorite movie of the year though.
    Anyone who says that using EVs, IVs and natures to your advantage is cheating is a moron >_> it's a necessity for competitive play. It's one reason I don't like playing through the games anymore...I know I'm just leveling up flawed pokemon and will have to do it all over again.

Hoenn was definitely my favorite of the series as well, for many reasons, including the ones you listed, it will always be special to me. I'm actually not that big a fan of the Johto games, though I did like HeartGold. I seem to be one of those rare people that rather enjoyed Sinnoh as well...

I'm not too sure about the prospects of a Gen III remake though, the starters and legends have been included in too many games at this point to really justify a remake...though I kinda thought the same about gen II.
    I've got a scar right in the middle of my right arm where a rusty shelf sliced me open... that was back in February and it only cut through the first three layers of skin - it's still there clear as day, raised and discolored. It miffs me off because I was going to get another tattoo on the right side to mirror the left, and now it'll sit right in the middle of Kirby's puffy head... /sigh

If it doesn't look like it's made much progress in the past two months, you're like to have it for a while.
    You could always have someone make a tattoo of the scar.

On a slightly more serious note, I wish you luck with your job prospects! Maybe send her a quick email or something to gently remind her about you?

I know how you feel, though. I've been in retail for 10 years and I finally said enough is enough. It's scary as hell but for the first time ever, I'm job hunting with help from a well connected friend. I don't plan on quitting until I find something though, so I do still have my safety net, but still. It is a huge change. I raise my virtual glass to you!
    Nice to see you're still around I have missed you!
    The "more later" has me intrigued!