View RSS Feed

Technology

For posts concerning software, hardware, etc.

1. The Joys of Electronics I

This is probably part I of many.

So, I got my stepfather a new GPS for his birthday on Friday. He does have one but being both technophobic and unwilling to learn how to use electronics beyond the TV remote, he has managed to break both his and my mother's. Mine's the only one in the household that still works right, mostly because I never let him use it. Since he is a hard man to shop for (he never uses anything he gets because it might get "dirty", including tools ...
    Tags: tech, technology
    Categories
    Technology
  2. DragonHeart Tech 2012

Shamelessly stealing this idea from Scalzi. Because I think it will be interesting to observe how my technology benchmark changes over time. So, this is the current tech in my lair, er, apartment.

Desktop: Gateway Model GT5692 I bought this when my last computer died about four years ago now. It runs on an AMD Phenom 8450 triple-core processor with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HD. It may be old but it's far from slow. I get a better response from this machine than my mom's year old quad-core ...
    Tags: 2012, tech, technology
    Categories
    Technology
  3. Please Activate Windows

You know what boggles my mind? In this era of digital technology, we still have to do a lot of stuff manually. Take Windows, for example. My current system came equipped with Windows Vista. It was the only system that supported the hardware at the time so I was stuck with it. Honestly over the years I haven't really had any problems using it, unlike apparently the rest of the world.

So as you can imagine, my computer's getting a bit long in the tooth. It's 4 years old now, but I chose ...
    Categories
    Technology
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2