Thread: NEw FF RP! (Open to All)

Banned NEw FF RP! (Open to All)

NEw FF RP! (Open to All)

After reading another FF RP idea, I spent the evening coming up with something that will hopefully become an active RP.

So, this is my idea. Stay with me here, as all the following information sets up the plot nicely for you.

HISTORY & LORE

There are three Goddesses who rule over the three connecting worlds.

Andromeda of Skyworld. Goddess of life, light, order, justice, and peace.

Pandora of Overworld. Goddess of growth, the elements, harmony, and balance.

Pandemona of Underworld. Goddess of death, darkness, chaos, fear, and war.

Seeking only chaos and war, Pandemona waged war on Overworld by flooding it with creatures from Underworld. Since no life is created in Underworld, it only claims the dead souls of Overworld, the war served to strengthen Underworld as well as satisfy Pandemona's thirst for chaos and death.

Knowing Skyworld would be next, Andromeda had Pandora create an enchanted box that could contain Pandemona for eternity, and Andromeda sealed Pandemona within it.

THE WORLDS

Skyworld is a massive network of floating structures, cities, landscapes, and palaces. It remains invisible to Overworld and its inhabitants until a certain altitude is reached. There is no death in Skyworld, meaning everyone is immortal and can live forever. Skyworlders can be killed, however.

Overworld is the surface of the planet. Large oceans and a series of continents consisting of vast, various landscapes. It can be seen and even observed by Skyworld (by certain people at specific places). Both life and death exist naturally here. All life grows and dies in Overworld.

Underworld is a dark, fiery and perilous landscape existing underground. The deeper you go into the chaotic labyrinth, the larger it gets more complex, and the more complex the landscapes become. It is essentially an epic cave system, as it is located underground, but the ceiling is miles and miles high as you get deeper, and the sky appears as a void of emptiness and shadow. No life exists here naturally. The souls of those claimed by death are essentially claimed by Pandemona, carried to the gates of Underworld by Doomtrain (we'll get to all that later) and given up to Underworld.

THE SUMMONS

The summons exist in these worlds. They are titans of sorts created by the Goddesses. Mankind cannot control them, though. They have wills of their own, although they all generally were a purpose, and have an agenda.

I've figured out 3 or 4 summons primary summons for each Goddess.

All three Goddess helped to create Bahamut, guardian of the Tri-worlds.

Andromeda created Alexander, guardian of Skyworld. Knights of The Round, champions of Skyworld who can travel to the other worlds at will (the Knights were given the gift of speech, so far the only summons that can actually talk). Crusader, to travel and protect Overworld.

Pandora created Gilgamesh, fabled warrior and guardian of Overworld. Ramuh, lord of thunder and protector of the Skyworld gates. And Ifrit, lord of Underworld hellfire.
    (She also created, Shiva, Siren, and any other elemental summons)

Pandemona created Hades, King of Underworld. Cerberus, three-headed hellhound and guardian of the Underworld Gate (to ensure no claimed souls escape, and no living gain entry). Doomtrain, carrier of the dead to Underworld Gate. And Odin, great warlord of Overworld to lead her conquests.

THE NINE ARTIFACTS

Each Goddess created three enchanted objects which grant their holder unimaginable powers.

Andromeda created three enchanted Rings.

Pandora created three enchanted Pendants.

Pandemona created three enchanted Swords.

One of each object was given to Alexander, Gilgamesh, and Odin.

Recall the story of Pandemona, and Pandora's box. Alexander's Ring, Sword, and Pendant combined serve as a key to open that box. (It was built as a failsafe of sorts. Imprisoning a Goddess is unnatural, and Andromeda assumed it would eventually create problems of some kind.)

In Pandemona's last moments as a free Goddess, she mustered all of her power to cease the nine artifacts and scatter them across Overworld, taking control of the key away from Andromeda...

THE PLOT

Overworld is torn apart by war. Beyond the wasteland surrounding Underworld Gate (from Pandemona's conquest) two prominent nations skirmish for control over Centradoma, the largest continent in Overworld. The Blackheart Empire, lead by the Blackheart dynasty are our antagonists. They are slowly conquering Centradoma at the expense of any who oppose them. The primary opposer is the Kingdom of Centra (I love VIII).

Igneous Raymeous is one of Emperor Blackheart's Generals. 14 years ago, he killed Simon Stormvane, a brave Centra warrior, in a key battle for the fate of Centradoma. He pulled an odd ring from Simon's lifeless hand, taking it as his prize...

Cid Lancet is Captain of the airship Ragnarok, and old friend of Simon Stormvane. He has learned of the Nine Artifacts via an anonymous, phantom source. He now knows that Simon's ring was no ordinary piece of jewelry. He heads to the Stormvane farmhouse to see Simon's son, Luca Stormvane. He learns from the family that the legend is true, and Raymeous now possesses one of the Artifacts. A journey will begin aboard the Ragnarok that will unite a company of heroes in the search for the Nine Artifacts capable of swaying the tide of war, and saving Centradoma from the Blackheart Empire. But Raymeous and a group of villains will also begin searching for the same nine objects.

Our journey will take us across Overworld, up to Skyworld, and of course, into Underworld!

An even deeper plot will develop surrounding Pandora's box... ^_^

CHARACTER SHEET

This is a light sheet, just the basics.

(Character Image)
    (Image notes; things you want to point out, orcorrect, like eye or hair color)
    Name:
    Align: (Antag, Protag, neutral, let us know where you stand)
    Personality: (Quick summary, IC does the talking)
    History:
    Weapons:
    Known Spells: (If any*)
    Blank: (Anything other fields you want/need, add them)

I'll work on an IC introduction, since I'm going ahead with this, alone if need be until interest catches. I'll also work on my Sheets, as well a list of the Nine Artifacts (I have them created already, the swords and rings are very specific and important).

It's important you know that I'm playing Luca, Cid, Igneous, a warrior named Sinamoi ("Sino"), a Skylander named Hayvian, and Gilgamesh (who is searching for the Three Swords of Power, as is Crusader), as well as other summons like at least 1 Knight of The Round.

Fire away with any questions, and I'll post a link to the IC as soon as it's up.

This was thrown together in haste, so please forgive any typos.

So I'm starting this alone?

TFFers just love provin' me wrong!

The 37th Red Spade NEw FF RP! (Open to All) Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I'd love to participate, but you'll have to give me some time to write something up.

This RP looks way more intensive than the one I'm doing right now, so I'll want to really think up something good before starting.

Give me a couple days and I'll be right there with you.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

The Mad God NEw FF RP! (Open to All) Heartless Angel's Avatar
    NEw FF RP! (Open to All)-silver_dragon_armor_by_zeushk-d76klan-jpg
    Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, and have no talent for drawing... Something like this, but with ornamental shoulders that look like dragon heads, and no helmet. Long black hair, deep blue eyes.

Name
    : Zachariah Faust, goes by Faust.
    Occupation: Black Dragoon (Hybrid between Dark Knight and Dragoon)
    Align: Chaotic Neutral, seeks the treasures for his own use, but doesn't hesitate to play either side in a conflict as it suits him.
    Personality: Seems basically devoid of emotion, possessing an unearthly calm in any situation. He speaks when spoken to, and has little to no interest in others. A thinker by nature, he enjoys debate, and games of wit. He'll speak at length when among intellectuals posing and answering difficult questions, but remains silent otherwise. He has grown to see life as a game of chess, "There is neither good nor evil in this world. There are only winners and losers. Each pawn thinks himself a King playing his own game of personal gain, but in truth, the pawns, bishops, knights, they're all the same. Even the Kings and Queens themselves are nothing more than tools, pieces to be manipulated to secure victory for those of the mind to play the game. The fools see the world in terms of Kings and Pawns, whereas I see it in terms of Pieces and Players. I always win."
    History: A child prodigy born in a now forgotten village, long since lost in the fires of war. He stuidied in his youth hoping one day to become a great wizard, or scholar, mostly because that was what his father had suggested. With a brilliant analytic mind, he mastered nearly everything he ever attempted. His future was bright, with him on the path become one of the greatest mages of the era, until the day the war reached his little village. Most of his town was massacred when the invaders breached their small, worn gates. His father sacrificed himself to slow down a group of soldiers chasing his family and a few of his neighbors retreating to the church. Inside, the few knights stationed in the town planned out a counterattack. With their numbers compared to those of the invaders, defeat was a certainty, they hoped only to delay the invaders long enough for the civilians to evacuate and escape to their governing kingdom to the north. Young Zachariah, having only glanced at the war map proposed an alternative counterattack strategy involving setting their village on fire,that would enable the knights to defeat the invaders with less than a one in three casualty rate. The plan was executed, and their losses were even fewer than predicted by Zachariah. Astounded, the captain of the village guard suggested that Zachariah join the military, saying he had the mind of a general. Zachariah found the offer irresistible, as planning out a successful campaign in battle offered a unique challenge, beyond anything he'd found in his father's old spellbooks.

For a few years, this satisfied him. He never saw combat himself, always being kept back as a war strategist. One day, his plan fell through when an unknown variable entered into the equation, traitors, amongst his own men. One of the gate guards cut down his peers and let the enemy in through, into a fort where Zachariah was planning his next assault. In the confusion, he found himself face to face with an attacker. His own guards were quickly killed, taken by surprise. Zachariah held a sword for the first time, taking it from his own fallen subordinate. At first, he chose to mimic the enemy's stance, as he had no practical knowledge of combat to rely on. He quickly adapted to the patterns of the foe's attacks, and developed a countermeasure to exploit a weakness he had observed in the enemy's stance, which he had already corrected in his own. As he watched the life fade from this attacker, he finally realized what he'd been missing his entire life. While holding the lives of others in his hands was certainly more interesting than studying ancient texts, he found that holding his own was an even greater thrill yet. He joined his men outside for the first time and helped them retake the fort. Following the battle he was offered a promotion to the rank of general. Much to the surprise of all, he declined, and left that night to seek combat training in various places around the world. He spent many years studying various fighting styles, before finally forming his own, derived from two of his favorites. He has since spent most of his time devoted to learning new things, or applying his knowledge on the battlefield, always seeking greater challenges.
    Weapons: Blood Sword and Black Fang, an ornate scythe with a jet black blade curved upwards about 45 degrees from a normal scythe, and a crimson spear tip at the opposite end.
    Known Spells: (assuming this includes non magic techniques as well) Darkness, Souleater, Drain, Jump, Pain
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-19-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Looking forward to it Coff.

I do have some concerns, Heartless Angel. In order to be 113 and appear 30, you'd have to be a Skylander. And no Skylander is capable of possessing a personality like Faust's. His personality is the primary concern of mine. The whole, "I'm a chaotic neutral badass void of emotion who plays the middle, screwing either side as I see fit," schtick seems very dry for this story dynamic. I was hoping for more complex, human, deep characters.

Just something to think about, Faust is going to have a very difficult, unpleasant time dealing with not only Cid's people, but Raymeous as well.

I think he would make a great villain.

Villain is sort of the plan, just not aligned with the evil faction you've already described. Half Skylander was my thought.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

You can't be half Skylander. No Skylanders are ever born. They just are, always have been. They don't grow, they've always been what they are, always will be.

Unfortunately, I'm playing the one Skylander granted access to Overworld in order to assist Cid in recovering The Ring of Destiny, Excalibur, and the Luminous Stone. The key to Pandora's Box. That's all Skyworld gives a damn about right now, they feel Raymeous wielding both Gungnir and Masamune, swords that would make Raymeous a god of war, is an acceptable risk, so long as the key isl secured. Because the creatures of Underworld are the most powerful, violent entities in the Tri-worlds. To have them unleashed again would mean certain doom for Overworld, and even Skyworld.

So what happened here, is I put a ton of work into this on my own. This happened after not getting a response following over 100 views. I figured I'd be goin' solo, so I fleshed this puppy out a lot in the days before discovering your replies.

Now we have a problem, because I have the majority of the storyline mapped out, as it relates to Cid, Luca, and Raymeous. Nothing huge, because I was still creating characters. But for example, Raymeous gets control of Excalibur, Luca gets control of Masamune, until Gilgamesh ****s his day up, taking his sword back. Heroes will cease control of Gungnir, the most dangerous sword of power. It cuts through anything with one swing. A child could cut 10 feet of steel in half with a meagre swing of the blade. But it also fills it's wielded with bloodlust, poisoning the mind.

But I'm falling in love with this world and story. For something tossed together in cheap over about 2 hours, it turned out to be something very special.

I get very little down time throughout my week. Sunday is (usually) my one day I get to do whatever I please. But I usually spend it with my girl.

Based on this, progress may be slow. But I'm hoping to have an IC introduction, as well as my Sheets up by Monday night. Sounded better before I wrote it out. We'll just see how it goes—I'll try really hard! We're watching Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows 2 tonight, and after that I don't know, so I'll get her help with working on this by telling her I need help creating a female character (she's already half done. Shhh! )

So everyone knows what characters I'm playing (what roles are filled):

Cid is the leader of the protagonist group, and an airship captain. His global contacts, knowledge of Overworld and its landscapes, kingdoms, creatures and history are his strengths and tools which he offers the storyline. He's older than most characters, and more travelled than any.

Luca is a young (21) farmer and amateur swordsman. Swordsmanship runs in his blood, it's tradition for the Stormvane family, so he can use a blade very well, but for someone of his lineage, he is an amateur. He is your average Overlander, thrust into an adventure to finish what his father started.

Raymeous is General of the Blackheart Empire's 1st Legion. He is the primary antagonist, and the most feared man in Centradoma. A vicious, methodical warlord who is yet to lose even a battle.

Hayvian is a Skylander, and retainer to Rangar The Mighty, 5th Knight of The Round. He has been given special permission to travel to Overworld, assisting in the location and gathering of the 9 objects of power.

Sino is a nomadic, mysterious warrior currently travelling aboard the Ragnarok. He tossed Cid 2,000 Gil in exchange for a ride as far as Old Wolfhead Tavern. He will become invested in the events about to unfold. (That 2K Gil becomes a running joke between Sino and Cid.)

Rae'oku is a Huntress (Amazon/Beast Master if you need a relative comparison) from the northern wilderness. She wields a bow with lethal grace and skill. She also possesses the gift of communication with wild creatures. She is able to tame, even command them. She also knows entry level White magic, able to mend wounds, remove sickness and disease (either with herbs, or magic), and dispel evil entities.

So far that's it.
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-19-2015 at 11:14 AM.

THE NINE ARTIFACTS

Each Goddess created three enchanted objects which grant their holder unimaginable power. One of each object was given to Alexander, Gilgamesh, and Odin.

Andromeda created three enchanted rings,

Ring of Destiny - Those unworthy cannot wield this ring's power. It gives it's wearer control over time, and the ability to summon the Knights of The Round.
    Spells - Teleport, Holy, Comet, Meteor
    Location: Bleeding River Imperial Camp, around the right index finger of Igneous Raymeous.

Ring of Genji - This ring fills it's wearer with essence of the true, ancient warrior (Monk), giving them enhanced senses and abilities. It also gives it's wearer command over all of Overworld's creatures.
    Spells - Teleport, Revive, Charka, Heal, Dispel, Aura Attacks.

Ring of Nightmares - This ring gradually (but fairly quickly) corrupts the mind of any mortals who wear it. It gives it's wearer command over all Underworld creatures. It also allows it's wearer to create mass terror and paranoia on a local scale.

Pandora created three enchanted Pendants.

Genji Stone - A pendant that gives it's wearer ultimate command of the elements.
    Location: Ruins of Saradith Moira, beneath Gaideth Attora Palace.

Luminous Stone - Contains power of Light. Grants it's wearer access to the power of Life.

Shadow Stone - Contains power of Darkness. Grants it's wearer access to the power of Death.
    Location: Al'Shazarra City, south gate bazaar, locked in a merchant's chest.

Pandemona created three enchanted Swords.

Gungnir - Odin's sword can cut through anything with one swing, enabling him to slay armies of men with ease.

Excalibur - Alexander's sword makes its holder completely impervious to damage whether physical or magical. It is also a blessed weapon, able to destroy and vanquish Underworld creatures and entities with ease. The combination enables him to slay legions of Underworld creatures and entities.

Masamune - Gilgamesh's sword grants its holder blinding speed when swinging and moving with it. It is also enchanted with the power of all the Overworld elements, allowing the weirder to select between 3 useful mods: Fire, Ice, Thunder. It can also conjure a soft, or torrential rain, and manipulate any nearby water. This fabled blade allows him to Protect Overworld from any foe.

As well, my first sheet. Sino was the easiest.

http://wallpaperstock.net/dreamfall-..._2832_1600.jpg
    (Very close representation. Under the hood he would have long black hair gathered in a ponytail, and a ruggedly hansom, unshaven face. Not a beard, but rather long stubble.
    Name: Sinamoi "Sino" Serventes
    Align: Lawful Neutral
    Personality: Sinamoi is an introverted, antisocial man haunted by the uncertainty of his past; who he was, and is. He is care-free, honest, and minds his own business, involving himself with others as little as possible. He doesn't talk much, for a lack of knowing what to say, or how to properly say it. He is kind, and carries strong moral values. Everything about Sino is very reserved, as he is unsure of who he really is. He is hesitant to grow before discovering who he was, and what that might mean to who he is becoming.
    History: Sinamoi was found seven years ago on the shores of King's Marsh by a fisherman. The kind man brought Sino to his modest home, and the fisherman's wife nursed him back to health. When he awoke, he had no memory of who he was, or where he had come from. Upon request, the villager provided him with the personal effects he had been found with. Among them was a bundle wrapped tightly in moist, waxy leaves bound by string. When he opened it, he found a crudely drawn map, and a letter addressed to a Sir Sinamoi Serventes from a woman named Ettia. It is a love note. Ettia writes of her sorrow and panic over Sinamoi's going away over the ocean. He learns his name, and that he has a woman out there awaiting his return. He spends years roaming the continent before catching a ship to Centradoma, where he has roamed in search of Ettia, and some piece of his past ever since.

He was taken on by Cid when he gave him 2,000 Gil in exchange for a ride as far as Old Wolfhead Tavern. Cid normally wouldn't have taken on a stranger, but 2,000 Gil goes a long way when you have a crew to feed and a ship to keep in the air. He has since stuck to himself, spending his time on the deck, or sleeping in his quarters.
    Weapons: Twin Katanas, Short bow
    Known Spells: None
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-20-2015 at 05:39 PM.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/...6334/50156.jpg
    (Pretty close, just ignore the design of the sword, the tattoo, and the pistol he's holding, .)
    Name: Luca Stormvane
    Align: Righteous
    Personality: Luca is a passionate, brave and stubborn young man. Life as a farmer has taught him conviction, responsibility, and a mental toughness as well as physical. Growing up as the only male of the house with 2 sisters and a mother to take care of, Luca was forced to step up to manhood from a very early age. He leans on the rambunctious side, and his passion tends to cloud his judgement. He still has a boyish, curious and adventurous side resulting from his lack of a proper childhood. He is unsure of himself, doubting his skill, and potential to surpass his father.
    History: When Luca was seven, his father was killed by General Raymeous. His life changed forever. Nothing would be the same for his family. He quickly adopted most of his father's responsibilities, learning how to run the farm. In his spare time he would help raise his sisters, and practice his skills with a sword. His motivation? Become a strong warrior and kill the man who took his father's life. As he became older, the farm and family became his primary concern, and he neglected his training. He has lived a normal life in Overworld, taking care of his family.
    Weapons: Cysolis Bloodsbane (Simon Stormvane's special sword)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f35109456e.jpg
    (Best representation. Her appearance is inspired by this art work now.)
    Name: Rae'oku Minamoto
    Align: Lawful Good
    Personality: Rae'oku is a strong young woman. Coming from the north, she has next to no conventional social skills. She relates to animals, nature, and her own people far more than the people and cultures of Centradoma. They are clumsy, thoughtless, selfish and ignorant. Her people are selfless, considerate and respectful of nature and it's creatures. They live in a harmonious, peaceful society. She believes everything belongs to nature, because everything comes from it somewhere down the line. She has a disdain for the common Centradoma man, and has a lot to learn about his sensibilities and potential. Rae'oku is a gentle, loving, childish woman at heart. Her other half is a fiery, no-nonsense warrior. Most would describe her as primitive, uneducated, and volatile, but this is only from a lack of understanding her culture.
    History: Rae'oku is the daughter of her tribal Chieftain. She grew up a fierce warrior and huntress, surpassing most of her male peers, much to their dismay. Although her father approved of her taking the path of the hunter, his wishes were still for his daughter to marry into another tribe. When discovered her father's plans for her, she was furious, but she went along out of respect for her father and tribal tradition. At 19, she travelled to the tribe she would one day lead to meet her future husband and live there until the union was completed. Tikai was a repulsive man. Angry, rude, abusive to those weaker than him. He disgusted her, down to his loudness and gluttony. Several nights after arriving, he forced her into his tent, attempting to seduce her. She refused him, using tradition to thwart his plans. He took a young woman for himself instead. When Tikai found her teaching young girls how to use a bow to hunt, he had them all punished by beating, and forced the girls to hold their hands over open flame. Late one night, Rae'oku killed Tikai in his sleep, leaving the tribe. She returned home, only to be turned away by her father for what she had done. She has roamed the wilderness since.
    Weapons: Bow, short sword
    Known Spells: Cure, Heal, Dispell, Protect, (has ability to communicate with, tame, and command wild creatures)

http://file030a.bebo.com/8/large/200...499116857l.jpg

Name
    : Alviss Brokkr

Occupation
    : Blacksmith

Align
    : Chaotic Neutral, seeks challenge and greater knowledge to fulfill the dream he shared with his master, to craft the ultimate weapon to rival the legends of Gilgamesh and his magical blade. He is averse to senseless violence, but has no qualms about it if it serves a good purpose.

Personality
    : Old and curmudgeonly, Alviss is critical of everything and a perfectionist, famous for the words "What a piece uh' crap. S'perfect!", uttered upon the creation of many weapons. Wise, though not educated, Alviss has a unique talent for exposing the truth in any situation in his own, charmingly vulgar, way. Having no family and few friends, Alviss appreciates the company of customers and admirers of his work, loving nothing more than a good ego stroking. He unrealistically compares his own work to that of the subjects of myths and legends, and holds others to equally impossible standards, and as such is impossible to satisfy.

History
    : Born to a poor family in a small village, his early life was quite ordinary. He worked as a hand on his father's meager farm. One day, a traveler visited the town, and paid his father a fairly large sum of money to stay at their farm for a few days once he found out the inn had no vacancies. The man sat in the shade of an apple tree one afternoon and overheard young Alviss complaining about the poor quality of his father's worn tools. Overnight, the traveler forged new tools as a gift to the family to thank them for their hospitality. He presented them to Alviss the next day, and Alviss excitedly went to test them out, finishing his work in less than a third of his usual time. He used his newfound free time to speak to the man, and ask him how he'd managed to craft tools of such quality. Apparently the man was a blacksmith of some renown, traveling to a distant kingdom to take a contract to prepare weapons for war. The old smith, Dain, regaled Alviss with tales of his mighty weapons, and the famous soldiers who had used them. Alviss, fascinated by the very thought, asked his father that night for his blessing to request an apprenticeship with Dain, and with his fathers blessing, put the question to Dain the next day. Dain had never taken an apprentice, never finding a prospect that he believed would do his dreams justice, but in Alviss he saw a spark, one that could truly be called his legacy, and agreed to the boy's request.

Alviss traveled with Dain for many years, learning his trade secrets, and even helping to develop them. In Dain's eyes, the word, 'mastery' meant giving up; giving up on improving, giving up on surpassing one's predecessors. He passed this wisdom to Alviss as well, with a saying repeated to this day, "Let no man who works the forge call 'imself 'master' 'til the day 'is blades are spun into myths the likes of Gilgamesh". Alviss took this to heart, inheriting his master's dream of one day, forging a blade so great that it rivaled the mystical swords of his childhood fairytales. His final inheritance from Dain came shortly before the old man's passing; a sword, his magnum opus, his swan's song, a sword he'd named Dainsleif. His master's final words to Alviss before going to bed that night, never to wake again, were, "Alviss, you've done me proud. Any other so-called 'master' would have handed the title down to ye' years ago, but you know how I feel about that. You and I lad, we're the eternal journeymen. And a great journey deserves a great companion, and heaven knows you've been a good one to me. I won't be around much longer. Reckon my fire'll be out within the week. This blade is without a doubt the finest I've ever crafted. Its name is Dainsleif, in the old tongue, 'Dain's Legacy'. Though this is certainly my greatest weapon, let it be known that this is only the second thing I've forged worthy of the title.", referring to Alviss himself.

To this day, Alviss has endeavored to honor that legacy, continuing to refine his craft, and learn new methods to create the ultimate blade that would one day be the subject of legend. He has since studied combat, to test the quality of his product himself and pick up on possible avenues for new developments in weaponcraft; as well as magic, learning to imbue his weapons with its power. For the past few years he has been employed as the personal blacksmith of the 1st Legion, a well paying job that intially afforded him much time as well as resources to continue his research, but lately, Raymeous' rules and restrictions have bound him more and more, something that doesn't sit well with a free spirit like Alviss.

Weapons:
    Dainsleif, a heavy longsword with an ornate golden blade made from an unknown alloy, and platinum filigree laid into the ebony hilt, along whatever weapons he happens to be testing out at the time.

Known Spells
    : Fire and Blizzard.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Always Chaotic Neutral, I see. 2 things. I should have been clearer about no one knowing about ANY of the artifacts, the Three Swords of Power included.

Skylanders hold knowledge of the objects, and through them now Cid does too. Simon didn't even know what his ring was. He knew it was no ordinary ring, but had no idea what. These are ancient, hallowed secrets long lost to Overworld we're now unearthing and hunting down.

As mentioned, Gilgamesh is a fabled character in Overworld lore, but even he is a bed time story now. A myth spoken about vaguely by the oldest of warriors. All that is known and spoken of now, is a mysterious warrior who travelled the lands, duelling any swordsman he came across, and defeating them all. The prominent detail of his legend has always been his blade (name unknown). And that he would conjure a soft rain before each battle.

But this is a fairy tale now. To believe in Gilgamesh or his sword would be like believing King Bilgamesh of Uruk was actually a mutli-armed Demi-god...

And you can remove the Blizzara, Fira. We're not using spell classes like that. The magic will be flexible in how it can be used, just be responsable and sensible about it.

So how will this guy for in to the story?
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-22-2015 at 05:48 AM.

Best alignment for a hero, imo. Never been a fan of devotion to something in a character I play. Someone free to embrace the full spectrum of his personality without limiting himself to an ideal. And I find they round out hero teams nicely, as the guy who's not going to be torn and conflicted when a hard choice comes up, and doesn't mind being the one to get his hands dirty. It's the one alignment that really makes it possible to be a huge **** and lovable at the same time.

Ah, my apologies. I assumed that the artifacts would have been myths that nobody really believed in, like weapons mentioned in various dead religions. Is there anything else you've mentioned thus far that none of the game characters should know? Don't want to correct this only to add the same problem back with a new flavor.

The primary purpose of the magic, specifically those two elements was to be able to heat and quench metal without need of a Forge, they'll be impractical for him to use in combat.

Every team of heroes needs a lovable old gritty, foul-mouthed, jackass. As for story purposes, whether his trade and skill ever becomes an essential part of the story would be your call. Something like an artifact being damaged by Gungnir could be an interesting development. But again that would be entirely your decision.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-22-2015 at 08:21 AM.

The range of a character's personality should never be limited by an ideal, that's just shitty writing by an out of touch author. But people have ideals and values, and heroes stand by their beliefs. That's has made the best heroes since the Dawn of fiction. They can have flawed, or even less-than noble beliefs as well, but a hero who has no one to fight for, no values to protect, and who leans on the chaotic side, has never made a good hero IMO.

I put the alignment in the Sheet to identify what group a character would be in, not to encompass his or her personality so much. I play very realistic characters with depth and complex layers. The align is a rough summary of sorts.

When I see chaotic neutral, I think antagonist group, why else would the Chaotic exist? It indicates a favor toward the antagonist side. That's why Sinamoi is lawful neutral. As you know, Cid has a grave responsibility, and that directly impacts who gains access to the Ragnarok, and how long they stay. Working for Raymeous won't be fun, and I see no place for a middle party. It only serves to drag the plot down, cluttering it up. I had wanted to make Biggs and Wedge as amateur treasure hunters and thieves to play the middle properly. I'll probably do that, in light of all the neutral activity.

I struggle to find a prominent role for a blacksmith in respect to the adventuring side of things. Cid is a character who almost never leaves the Ragnarok. He doesn't engage in the action because he has no logical place there. I suppose Cid could allow him domain on Ragnarok, but he has no need for a smith, at all.

It's a tricky one bro. You chose an oddball, that much is for sure.

As for your question about anything you should know. Keep it simple. Don't swing for the fences. A blacksmith is mundane, sure, but his primary arc is tied into the Swords of Power, and even having intimate knowledge of the weapons. Let the story do the work, not your history section. Notice mine are simple, short, unrelated to the objects, accept in the case of Cid, and indirectly, Luca.

You seem to want to play the middle, have no allegiances. Perhaps it's because you don't want to follow Cid or Raymeous. Reserving the right to do what you will when you will, how you will. I don't mind that, but to an end. The worst thing in RP is a rogue player who seeks nothing but to impose his will and glorify his or her character. It's toxic to a project, and I don't allow it. I'm a selfless writer. The characters are tools of the storyline, placed at it's disposal. The story is the only thing that matters. It's more important than any character, at any given time. Things in my works have meaning, purpose. Few things are phoned in or left to chance. I'm a story teller, not a writer.

The artifacts would obviously be the only thing immune to the effects Gungnir. It can't cut through Excalibur or Masamune. The 9 objects are indestructible.

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

I in now way was suggesting you play to impose your will, HA. I have no idea how you play, but from reading your sheets, I can tell you're a better writer than me. I envy your syntax, as an east coast Canadian, mine is as good as it will get.
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-22-2015 at 11:34 AM.

I made a post earlier, but it appears it never made it to the page... Odd.

Chaotic neutral has gotten a bad rep because a lot of bad players tend to pick it, leading to the Chaotic Stupid trope. In its purest form, the defining characteristic of a chaotic neutral is freedom. Freedom from adherence to moral doctrines, as well as laws. A CN doesn't necessarily violate these out of habit, or some ritualistic devotion to chaos. They tend to just be indifferent to those things. They still have a full range of emotions, a conscience, sometimes even a personal code. They follow rules and moral doctrines as a matter of coincidence when they happen to coincide with individual values, but outside of that, don't much care. In this case, he wouldn't be with the heroes out of some sense of obligation or moral duty, but rather because he liked the people, liked the work, and thought Raymeous was a ****. Faust was the play the middle for personal gain sort of CN, as likely to shake your hand as to shove a knife in your spine while he did it. Alviss is the more neutral leaning sort that just doesn't give a damn what the law or ethics say and does whatever he feels is best. Alviss will definitely end up on Cid's side and stay there.

If there's no main story need for his skills as a smith, he'll just tag along as a mercenary, pursuing his own dream as a sort of side-quest. I suppose maintence of the ship itself could be a fitting job for a craftsman.

EDIT: Minor tweaks applied to remove intimate knowledge or legitimate belief in the 3 swords, reducing the dream to hyperbole rather than a literal goal, at least until he discovers that the swords aren't just myth.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-22-2015 at 02:35 PM.

I don't even want him to have knowledge at all. You know what I mean? This is supposed to be a MASSIVE revelation to all of Overworld. Not even the slightest of suspicion existing anywhere. Only scattered rumours of strange events in some cases (like an old merchant telling the heroes of a ghostly city no one has heard word from in hundreds of years. It ends up being the resting place of Gungnir.)

Cid's only role here is his unique knowledge that these things exist. He's going on info Hayvian have him mysteriously, disguised and hooded.

Okay HA. I think you'll like what I've come up with. But first I want to share something else you might appreciate about Gungnir. When we get to the underground city of Shivet, we find the scene of an ancient massacre... Everyone is dead, and clearly slain. Within the palace, in the throne, is yet another skeleton in full, decorative armour. Atop his head sits a crown, and in his right, Gungnir. We assume it was the King, but I decided it wasn't. It was instead his most loyal, trusted Knight. Having found the sword somewhere, somehow, he sought to return it to his King. Before it could change hands, it drove him mad. He killed everyone, down to the last child, before closing on the palace... When everyone was dead, he took the crown as his own, and withered away upon the throne, completely fractured from reality.

So I put a lot of thought into this in the last few hours. Raymeous' primary story arc is the Ring of Destiny. That was my plan for him the whole time.

Cid goes after the Ring right away. The plan involved Luca going incognito to get close to him. They needed help from an outside source who has business of some kind with Raymeous. Plan fails horribly, but it becomes clear to Raymeous that they were after the Ring. This leads him to wonder "Why?" They wouldn't risk their lives for a ring, no matter how valuable.

He ends up learning of the Artifacts, and that his ring is one of them. But he is SO unworthy. The ring won't do shit for him. Its useless. He actually has a priestess come before him to try the ring. He looses his composure, screaming at her to make it do something, anything! He kills her, because she wouldn't use it's power, although she can feel it; knows it's there.

The ring drives him mad, bringing him to tears at one point.

Now! Your character is a blacksmith, and a damn good one. He's also neutral... So I thought he is out outside contact. The personal blacksmith of the 1st Legion. Provided Gil is no object to him, he might risk that contract (and his safety) to help Cid, sending Luca with his next shipment, which are inspected by Raymeous personally, and the delivery man is handed the next order to return.

When things go awry, Raymeous sends a party to deal with his betrayer. We defeat them, and Cid levels with him, telling him about the 9 objects. He convinces him to come aboard the Ragnarok, where he can set up a forge, and sell his weapons across Overworld throughout their travels. We already have an in-house merchant who kicks Cid some Gil to keep 'er in the air, you know. Lucrative deal for both men, fits you in nicely IMO right out of the gate.

How would you feel about creating and playing either Biggs or Wedge? You take Biggs, I take Wedge? I thought they would start off a little ways in, through a play on how characters always talk too much, especially in crowded public places. I'm an asshole like that for details in games and movies. I pick everything out.

They overhear a passing conversation about artifacts of power, and begin shadowing the Ragnarok in their tiny vessel; a stealthy model.

This begins their quest to get their hands on these objects, sort of an homage to the recurring mini boss. But I thought they'd start playing both sides on and off, cutting deals, agreeing to help one side or the other, sometimes both, yet never following through, always pulling a twist of bitter, surprisingly genius betrayal. I thought they would side with the heroes briefly, betraying them to obtain an artifact, and taking it to Raymeous in exchange for a promised booty that would see them foolishly rich. But when betrayed themselves, they are forced to keep scheming their way along, seeking revenge on Raymeous. They'd now be in an awkward pinch, and a unique position to help the heroes screw Raymeous over.

Just spitballing here. Might be too cluttered, like I said earlier.

I like it. Modified profile again to accommodate this.

As for a second character, since this is the first time I'll have played with you, I'd prefer to start at one, just until I'm a bit more familiar with your play style, from there I'll likely be open to expanding.

Fair enough. And we can work out the details of that arrangement. I know he wouldn't just "help" a stranger put his livelihood o the line, and Cid doesn't have much to offer in the way of payment. I think he could cut a deal of some kind, maybe involving the search for 3 swords of power.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/...30/9355521.jpg
    (He's older, appearing a healthy 35-40), taller, more muscular, has white wings, longer blonde hair, and his armour would be green with gold trim and detail. It would also be full plate armour, save gauntlets.)
    Name: Hayvian of Highwater
    Age: Immortal (Every Skylander has existed since the creation of humanity)
    Occupation: Retainer to Rangar The Mighty (5th Knight of The Round)
    Align: True Righteous
    Personality: Hayvian has a commanding presence. He has an agenda, and he sticks to it faithfully. He is bound by the way of Skyworld. Truth, justice, honour, and absolute morality. Skylanders are incapable of evil tendencies or emotions. Hayvian is a loyal servant of his master. He sympathizes with Overworlders, having a strange adoration and seemingly love for them. A trait unusual in most Skylanders. He is kind, even has a good sense of humour, although his delivery is sometimes flat. He does his best to seem in control, even if things seem at their worst. He takes pride in being chosen to represent Skyworld, and will stop at nothing to protect Overworld from the power of the 9 artifacts.
    History: Hayvian is retainer to Rangar The Mighty. He serves his master loyally, specializing in magical arts. He is chosen for a very important mission: Travel to Overworld and assist one Cid Lancet in recovering Excalibur and the Ring of Destiny. He is chosen for his fondness for Overworld and it's people. He visits Cid, cloaked to conceal his identity. He tells Cid of the 9 objects, and explains to him that Simon's ring was the most important and powerful of those artifacts. Cid is instructed to visit the Stormvane farm to investigate the current location of the ring and he reluctantly does so.
    Weapons: Sword of Solace (enchanted blade summoned from Skyworld in seconds upon command)
    Known Spells: [ * signifies mastery of spell type]
    Teleport (restricted spell only Skylanders can learn), Wall*, Shell*, Protect*, Haste*, Slow*, Life, Cure*, Heal*, Dispel*

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bc48334567.jpg
    (He's a bit older looking)
    Name: Igneous Raymeous
    Align: Wicked
    Personality: Raymeous is a callus, cold man. He values what he believes is strength, grit, and the ability to impose one's will upon his foes and those beneath them. He is an elitist, racist man who judges people by their social and political status, as well as their actions and ambitions in life. Weakness is punishable by suffering, and strength rewarded with success. That's the way of life through his eyes; the natural system of humanity. He is patient, calm, and actively exhausts himself trying to remain composed before his subjects. To show emotion is weakness, and weakness undermines authority. He must be as a statue; a cold, calculating leader both feared and respected simultaneously. Both are required to be an effective warlord. Fear establishes an understanding of position, but can create unrest and resentment. Respect creates admiration and trust, but can be overlooked by ambition and circumstance. Both create the perfect leader in his mind. He treats his soldiers with respect as is due, but rules his legion with an iron, bloody fist. His demeanour in battle is an elaborate show of force and dominance. He leads every battle, running the vast legion from his encampments using couriers to send orders and receive reports. He is the only General in the Empire to even fight, let alone spearhead the battle.
    History: Raymeous grew up as a slave. He belonged to an eccentric nobleman, Ettifus Raymeous. Ettifus was renowned for his grand, lavish parties. He would often force slaves to engage in random, entertaining displays of his authority, often having to fight to the death, or compete in contests of physical or mental skill, the loser being punished, often by removal of a body part, or brutal lashings. At a particular party, Raymeous was charged with serving food and drink upon request. Another nobleman at the party issued a challenge: His best slave could beat Ettifus's best slave in a fight to the death. To make it interesting, their left hands would be bound together, forcing a brutal show of strength. Raymeous humiliated the nobleman by striking the other slave across the throat with the webbing of his thumb, repeatedly stabbing his fingers through the eyes of his opponent until he begged for mercy, weeping uncontrollably. A source of deep shame for his owner. Raymeous finished him by choking him to death. This was the first time he killed a man. Watching the life drain from his eyes as drunken nobles cheered him on was an experience unlike any other. For the first time he felt as though he had power, strength, a will of his own. Ettifus later granted him freedom from slavery to serve him as a real man. He went on to become a soldier, excelling on the battlefield. He rose to General, and after leading an ambitious campaign (thought by many to be a fool's errand) into the south successfully, he was promoted to General of the 1st Legion after it's former General was slain by an arrow after mistaking the battle to have been over and venturing into the invaded city.

14 years ago he killed Simon Stormvane in an intense battle before two armies. Simon rode out to meet him before the battle began, challenging him to fight as men, without armour or horses. Raymeous accepted, and put Simon down in a heated bout. He took a ring from around his lifeless finger, unaware of exactly what he had came into possession of.
    Weapons: Longsword (has trained in several disciplines during his career, as is required of any Imperial soldier)
    Last edited by OutlawTorn; 06-23-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Shouldn't take much. He's a free spirited sort living under a tyrant. He'd jump at any opportunity to piss Raymeous off if he thought he'd get away with it. Another thing I enjoy about Chaotic Neutrals. Sometimes, "For the lulz" is sufficient motivation to do something unexpected.

We just have to wait on Coff now.

So my girlfriend pointed out that it would seem Raymeous was a General at 23, when he killed Simon. This is not the case. He has been a general for 7 years, the last 4 with the 1st Legion.

When he killed Simon was just a Captain in the 4th Legion.

Hayvian's role in the story at first will be a sort of Guardian, and provider of information. He'll get involved once, summoning the Sword of Solace to cut a powerful enemy (creature, not a man) down in order to protect us. This will lead to him being called back to Skyworld. We might not see it, but he's warned about direct interference. He'll return later, helping us to recover Gungnir, warning us of it's dark power, and that no one must take it in hand. (Sinamoi, torn by the decision, will end up taking it out of good intentions. He uses it, returns it to the Ragnarok vault, but ends up using it again against a battalion of Blackheart soldiers. None but Odin can wield it's power, and he ends up slaughtering every last man. Hayvian disarms him, and this effects Sino deeply. Haunting him for the rest of his days. It never leaves him, although his bloodlust subsides. He used to be a very bad man. Sinamoi Serventes is not even his name, but the name of the man he killed in a fit of jealous rage. Ettia is not his lover, but a woman who rejected him. He then arranged for Sinamoi to be sent overseas, separating the lovers. He discovers this later in the story, before Gungnir. But what Gungnir brings out of him really hinders his progress toward letting the past go.)

Hayvian has also strayed from his mission after seeing the state of Centradoma first hand, and baring witness to the Blackheart scourge, Raymeous especially. He has made Cid promise to collect all of the artifacts, not just the Key. He goes even further.

Hades possesses the Ring of Nightmares. So far he's been a good boy, but it can't last forever. That ring must be recovered and taken to Skyworld for proper securing, although Skyworld disagrees for the moment. The Ring of Destiny is the highest priority. Hayvian brings us to Skyworld, helping us steal the Luminous Stone. He then leads us to Doomtrain, and all the way to Underworld Gate, where he must leave us, as no Skylander may enter Underworld (this would be seen as an act of war. Only Knights of The Round may enter Underworld unchecked). We stole the Luminous Stone because we'll be needing it down there.

That's where Hayvian's involvement will end. He is undoubtedly punished, and stripped of his title as Retainer to Rangar. But Rangar will actually save our sorry asses down there, showing up when a legion of creatures is surrounding us. He teleports us back to Overworld, because we had no plan to get back out other than retrace our steps back to the Gate (probably would have all died trying while Cid died of a heart attack worrying sick about us).

So he's not a main character, by any means. More of a necessity, and a great soul who sacrifices his standing among his own people to ultimately protect Overworld.

None of this is set in stone, just what I had developed in those few days I thought I was working solo.

I have to finish Cid's profile. And I'll message Coff regarding progress.

Any word from Coff?